Belarus is a small country located in Eastern Europe that is known for its rich history and culture. While it may not be as popular as some of its neighboring countries, it has a lot to offer in terms of sports. One of the most exciting sports in Belarus is soccer, and the Belarus Premier League is the country’s top professional soccer league.
Here are 10 key facts you need to know about the Belarus Premier League:
- The Belarus Premier League was founded in 1992, shortly after Belarus gained independence from the Soviet Union.
- The league is composed of 16 teams, each of which plays 30 matches per season.
- The current champions of the Belarus Premier League are BATE Borisov, who have won the league a record 15 times.
- The league operates on a system of promotion and relegation, with the bottom two teams being relegated to the second division, and the top two teams from the second division being promoted to the Premier League.
- The Belarus Premier League has a reputation for being very competitive, with many teams capable of challenging for the title each season.
- The league has produced some notable players who have gone on to play for top clubs in Europe, including Alexander Hleb, who played for Arsenal and Barcelona.
- The league’s most successful manager is Yuri Puntus, who won the league title five times with BATE Borisov.
- The league has a winter break from December to March, due to the harsh winter climate in Belarus.
- The league is also notable for its passionate fans, who are known for their enthusiastic support of their teams.
- The league has faced some controversy in recent years, with allegations of match-fixing and corruption being made by some fans and observers.